Anger in Christ's Love

Anger!

How many of you would say, anger is good for you? Many studies say that anger is not good for your health. How many of you would raise your kid saying, anger is good for you? 

I was raised up to be a tamed monkey - Never angry and never cross. I was an angel with my friends and neighbours. But the case was always the opposite at home. I argued with my parents. I fought with my sister. Then I got married and had two kids - that means I have three outlets to vent out that builds within. 

I tried to change myself so that others can have peace. Every little thing bothered me. After the wedding I joined the same organization, where my husband was working - a residential school. I met a man, who had two extremes in his nature.  There was no matching for his temper or for his love and care. People enjoyed his care, but trembled at his anger. I admired him a lot, as I continued my inner struggle with my anger.  He was my boss and the Founder of the School. 

I searched the scriptures to find short tempered people. Moses was quick to become angry. But God moulded him in the wilderness to lead the stiff necked people - Israelites.  Elijah killed the prophets of Baal.  Elisha was a short tempered prophet.

Then I saw Jesus, cleaning the temple...Joh 2:15  And making a whip of cords, he drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and oxen. And he poured out the coins of the money-changers and overturned their tables. He was upset that His people have turned the place of worship into a market place. 

Jesus went to the synagogue on a Sabbath. He saw a man with a withered hand. His people were watching His every move. He saw their stubborn heart and asked, "is it good to heal and save?" They were silent.  Mar 3:5  And he looked around at them with anger, grieved at their hardness of heart, and said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." He stretched it out, and his hand was restored. He was angered by their manipulative spirit. They were against everything He did, because they were against Him. Whatever He did, they accused Him - good or bad. 

Rom 12:9 says, Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good.  It is possible to be angry in LOVE of Christ. I saw a man who practiced the right kind of anger.

1Co 16:14  Let all that you do be done in love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Surrounded By Such A Great Cloud Of Witnesses

Reflections from C.S. Lewis' - Learning in War-Time!